DJI Phantom 2 FPV – Getting your hands around the FPV set up is one step nearer to creating your Phantom’s video quality that a milestone success. FPV is significantly important not just because of Phantom drone, but also for different multi-rotors, owing to the enormous role in aerial photography and videography. If you happen to don’t have any idea about just what the FPV is; then it’s actually the “First Person View ” from the drones that empowers the ideal framing of topics in aerial photography.
It may be comparatively impossible or really hard to move your aerial footage with no quality FPV installation, that is the reason why we’ve crafted this guide to help you through the principle towards attaining a topnotch caliber of your drone. The exact, smooth panning alterations will also be conducive to the caliber of your FPV attribute. Within the following guide, we’ll provide you insights about what components to buy, the way to set up the FPV and place this up.
But please notice that the methods given herein were shown utilizing the Phantom 2. We presume that it needs to be exactly the very exact methods to other versions of the exact identical firm like the Phantom 3 along with the Phantom 4 in case you would like to maximize their movie quality. Now let us get started. Before starting, please make certain you’ve got the video transmitter, video recipient and the track mount as the fundamental components of the process. In several cases, those components are contained on your first ARF bundles. If not contained, then it’s possible to buy them at inexpensive rates online. RTF models might be difficult to move.
Black Pearl RC801 HD Monitor – DJI Phantom 2 FPV
This screen has a 7-inch dimension using a resolution of 1024 X 600. It includes an integrated 1100mAh Li-Po battery and also service 5 manners. However, the video transmitter compatible with this monitor is offered individually. In addition, this screen comes harmonious with 32 stations, meaning that it could pair with many transmitters such as the ImmersionRC transmitter which we advocate in this respect. The charger is also included. So to get a fantastic aerial photography, then you ought to find this track on the Phantom drone.
YKS RC Monitor Mount Bracket for Transmitters – DJI Phantom 2 FPV
Possessing a terrific FPV screen is a fantastic investment in the safety of your monitor/video receiver. The majority of the screens are costly, which means you would not like to endanger their security with poor FPV mounts. The YKS RC aluminum FPV screen is one of the very best and the least expensive track mounts for transmitters. It’s compatible with all the DJI Phantom drone. It may likewise be applied as a neck strap balancer.
Immersion RC A/V Transmitter – DJI Phantom 2 FPV
Currently, pairing the ImmersionRC movie TX using the Dark pearl screen will provide you a excellent aerial videography. This transmitter comes with a frequency of 5.8GHz therefore, particularly, it will not be impacted by or hinder 2.4GHz R/C radios. Whenever you have those 3 components, you’ll be prepared to get started with optimizing the FPV to your Phantom. Let us start with the setup component of this video transmitter in your own Phantom 2 drone.
Steps to Install a Video Transmitter to The DJI Phantom 2 FPV Drone:
- Unpack your own ImmersionRC video transmitter then separate the cables
- Then eliminate the wires in the bigger plug to the ImmersionRc video transmitter, however, make the yellow cable unremoved. To successfully eliminate those wires, then you can use a sharp object to push metal tabs which secure the cables
- Then make an equivalent length of these cables by cutting them then use the cable strippers to strip the surplus insulation from the cable. This will allow a simple soldering.
- Now attend the cables found under the Phantom. There is a tape covering them. Only remove it to get the 4 cables onto the drone.
- You should get accustomed to the individuality of these wires. As an example, the cables onto the drone, the yellow is for video, brownish for red and ground for electricity. On the movie transmitter, the yellow is for video, black to the floor and also the red for electricity.
- The next thing to do is to simply take the battery in the Phantom after eliminating the rust on the cables of this drone precisely exactly the exact identical manner you just did together with all the ones of this transmitter. As we mentioned, we utilize just 3 screws.
- Then use the soldering glue on all of the exposed 3 wires from this transmitter in addition to those ones to your drone.
- Place the heat-shrink tube onto the transmitter cables.
- Then utilize the preheated soldering iron (rather heated to 260 degrees Celsius) to solder all of the wires separately. When the solder was implemented properly on the respective wires, then solder them together. Bear in mind, you’re currently soldering the 3 cables of this ImmersionRC video transmitter together with these ones of the Phantom.
- Since you solder them yellow ought to be soldered to yellowish, brownish to red and black adheres to the red cable.
- You then need to use the lighter to shrink the tube but prevent damaging the insulating material any farther. If not careful, it may melt.
- Now includes the mounting of this video transmitter. Utilize the double-sided tape to mount the transmitter beneath the Phantom. After mounting, maintain the wires away from disturbing the gimbal and the vibration dampeners.
- That is it using the setup component of this movie transmitter about the Phantom 2. Watching this movie can allow you to set up the video transmitter on Phantom 3.